Sharks defeat Sofapaka at the Annex

Two second-half goals by Sigmunn Maina and Moses Shikanda were the difference as the Kariobangi Sharks handed us our third loss in a row.

The match started with high intensity, with both sides eyeing to draw the first blood of the match. The opening quarter-hour of the match saw a closely contested affair with end-to-end action but no goals for either side.

At the half-hour mark, the host had a great combinational play into our penalty area through Fortune Omotto, but Stephen Okola had a quick reaction and made an important block.

Five minutes later, we had a perfect chance to take the lead. Ben Stanley lifted in a great seater, but Rody Manga failed to finish off the youngsters’ delivery.

At the stroke of halftime, the host threatened yet again through Fortune Omotto and Kibiwott. Omotto went past Ronack Otieno before laying Kibiwott on goal, but Stephen Okola was once again at the right place, heading the ball out for a corner kick, which was resultantly dealt with by Kevin Omondi.

Upon restart, the host took the lead two minutes into the second half. A carefully calculated move by Omotto and Sigmun saw the latter go past Okola before slotting past Kevin Omondi.

At the hour mark, we came close to drawing level through Titus Achesa. A long throw by Ronack Otieno was flicked on by Rody Manga and found Titus Achesa unmarked, but the captain hurriedly took his shot, seeing his attempt go a few inches wide.

Twenty minutes from the time Brian Wepo directed a pass to Rody Manga, the striker held on to the ball before laying Alex Imbusia through on goal, but the midfielder failed to control his ball with a poor first touch on the ball, seeing an easier pick for John Otieno.

With a quarter of play before the end of normal time, the hosts doubled their lead through Moses Shikanda. Shikanda pounced on a loosely cleared ball past Kevin Omondi for the second of the day as the host held on for a 2-0 win.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published.